In today’s day and age, the skincare industry is full of marketing gimmicks. Everyone promises tremendous results but more often than not they end up disappointing their customers. Sometimes, these skincare products also have adverse effects on the skin and can cause acne, dark spots, and rashes. Fortunately, there are better ways to keep our skin young, healthy, and flawless naturally at home. If you are looking to break free from chemical-infused skincare products, it is time you try some great cleansing grains.
What are Cleansing Grains?
Cleansing grains are more familiar than you think. People have been using these for ages, and it is now gaining more popularity across the world. Otherwise known as natural face powder or cleanser, cleansing grains are a mix of natural grains and other ingredients. It is an excellent alternative to using chemical-based soap, exfoliators, and scrubs. To make a fresh and gentle face cleanser, you can mix some grains and other ingredients from your kitchen, such as oats, nuts, seeds, herbs, and clay powder. You can add a little water or rosewater to this natural cleanser to make a paste out of it. Apply and scrub this paste gently on your face for a minute and rinse it using cold water to get clear skin every day.
What are the Benefits of Cleansing Grains?
Some of the benefits of using cleansing grains are as follows :
- It is mild, gentle, and nourishing for all skin types.
- It helps remove dirt, impurities, and dead skin cells from your skin.
- It is simple and easy to make using organic grains and other ingredients.
- It is a gentle exfoliator that is suitable to use every day.
- It reduces and minimizes the signs of aging, such as wrinkles and fine lines.
- It provides vitamins and minerals that hydrate your skin.
- It has no water or preservatives, so storing it for a long time is possible.
- It keeps your skin healthy, soft, and moisturized.
- It brings a natural glow to your face and fights sun damage.
- It helps to clear pores without stripping the natural oils from your skin.
- It is an inexpensive, natural, and reliable product to add to your skincare routine.
Apart from these, each ingredient you add to make your cleansing grains comes with its benefits. For example, oats are rich in beta-glucan, which helps your skin reduce inflammation and keep your skin moisturized. Likewise, there are other benefits of using cleansing grains. You will experience all of them as you start using them.
What are the Best Grains for Making Cleansing Grains?
Our kitchen is a storehouse of effective ingredients. Not only can you prepare food using them, but they are also great for your skin, hair, and overall health. Moreover, it is an economical option to get rid of your daily beauty troubles. So, take a tour of your kitchen and find the following grains to make some great cleansing grains for yourself.
- Masoor Malka: Malka Masoor or red split lentils taste great and are also excellent for your skincare routine. It helps as a bleaching agent and tackles hyperpigmentation. Masoor Dal is rich in essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that will keep your skin free from radicals. It is rich in antioxidants, and you also get anti-aging benefits such as reducing wrinkles and fine lines. You can use organic Masoor Malka powder for making cleansing masks, scrubs, and packs.
- Oats: Oats not only help to keep your digestive system intact but also bring magical results to your skin. People with dehydrated and itchy skin should try cleansing grain powder with oats. The anti-inflammatory properties and anti-antioxidants in oats can help prevent skin infection and rejuvenate it. Whether you use oat cleansing grain in the form of a pack or a scrub, you will indeed be surprised by the results.
- Urad Dal: We all know Urad Dal or black gram has super nutritional value, but have you ever applied it on your face? It is worth trying; if you are suffering from acne, blemishes, and dull skin, Urad Dal can help. It has natural antiseptic properties that kill the acne-causing bacteria and remove excess oil to clear pores from the skin. Also, it offers cooling effects that can help with healing sunburns. Cleansing grain packs with organic Urad Dal can fight skin issues and give you glowing, soft, and spotless skin.
- Rice Powder: Natural skincare products often use rice powder as a popular ingredient. It can exfoliate and lighten your skin while protecting against harmful UV rays. Not just skin, rice flour can also make an excellent pack for your hair and fight hair fall issues. The Phytic acid present in rice helps to shed dead skin cells and treat acne and blemishes. With regular use of rice powder in cleansing grains, you can minimize the signs of aging.
- Chana Dal: Chana Dal, also known as Bengal gram, is an age-old ingredient used to cleanse the skin. It helps to lighten and brighten uneven skin tones. It can also control excess oil production and treat dark spots. You can make a natural powder cleanser using Chana Dal powder or besan and apply it twice a week for excellent results. In a month, you notice the fading of dark spots, lightening of the skin, and improved complexion.
Other Ingredients For Cleansing Grains
- Clay: There are various types of clay you can use to make your cleansing grains. It removes excess oil and helps to cleanse your face.
- Nuts: You can grind different nuts such as almonds and walnuts to make a powerful nutrient and antioxidant-filled natural cleansing powder.
- Milk Powder: A source of lactic acid, milk powder gently exfoliates the skin and leaves behind soft, smooth skin.
- Seeds: Chia, sunflower, and pumpkin seeds can all help repair and nourish your skin when you add them to your cleansing grains mix.
- Herbs: You can find various plant powders and add them to your cleansing grains. Herbs have many exceptional properties that can calm and soothe your skin.
How to Make the Best Cleansing Grains for Skincare?
Cleansing grains are not only a great alternative to soap, face wash, and chemical scrubs but are also kinder to your skin and easy to make. These organic cleansing grains will make you fall in love with your skin all over again. Try these:
Face Cleanser (Every day): Oats are one of the best ingredients for cleaning your face gently. It is also easy to make, and you can use it every day. Just take two tablespoons of oats powder, mix a pinch of turmeric and add a few drops of rose water. Apply a thin layer of this to your face and wash it off after 10 minutes. Your skin will feel clean, supple, and soft.
Face Scrub (Thrice a week): Organic Urad Dal is very effective in exfoliating and removing dirt from your face. Take one tablespoon of Urad Dal powder and mix two tablespoons of ghee and some raw milk to make a smooth paste. Apply this cleansing grains scrub on your face and massage your skin gently, followed by rinsing the skin with lukewarm water. Use it thrice a week and soon you will have problem-free skin.
Face Mask (Once a week): Chana Dal powder or gram flour is a popular ingredient amongst cleansing grains users. It helps to remove sun tan, pigmentation, and facial hair. Make a smooth paste of two tablespoons of gram flour, two tablespoons of coconut milk, and a few drops of lavender essential oil. Apply a thin layer of this to your face, leave it for 30 minutes, and wash it off gently with cold water. You will instantly feel smooth, light, and soft skin.
Detox Clay Mask (Once a week): Activated charcoal is one of the ingredients to make excellent detox clay masks. It helps to absorb excess oil and remove toxins from your pores to prevent acne. You can mix activated charcoal, clay, and oats powder in equal portions and add water or rosewater to make a thick paste. Apply this paste once a week to keep your skin free of excess oil and acne.
Anti-aging Cleanser (Every day): It is another easy natural cleansing powder you can make using ingredients from your kitchen. Mix one tablespoon rice powder, one teaspoon nut (almond or walnut) powder, one teaspoon milk powder, and some rosewater to make a fine paste. Apply the paste onto your face and let it dry. Gently massage the skin after it is dry to remove the paste using cold water. You will feel incredibly smooth skin and have fewer wrinkles after a few days.
Some tips you can keep in mind when using cleansing grains include:
- Remove all makeup before using cleansing grains.
- Always be gentle while massaging the face.
- Dab the face after washing off the cleansing grains.
- Avoid applying them too close to your eyes.
- Make sure you store the cleansing grains in an air-tight container.