Women Ethnic Wear
How many times have you admired that gorgeous saree, lehenga choli, or a designer blouse worn by your favourite actress or artist on a television show or in a movie and longed for a similar one? Since time immemorial, the charm and magnificence of Indian ethnic wear have fascinated generations after generations of women.
Over the years, a woman’s wardrobe has undergone a paradigm shift, specifically in ethnic wear online. Everyone has a particular inclination towards traditional or ethnic outfits regardless of where you come from.
Reasons Why Women Ethnic Wear Has Gained Popularity:
Ethnic wear is an integral part of Indian culture. Let us look at some factors that have contributed to women's increasing popularity of ethnic wear online.
- A blend of western and Indian fashion: Why is Indian ethnic wear so popular today? It is an excellent combination of the sophisticated style of western fashion and the luxury of Indian traditional fashion. Most tailors and designers craft the clothes by combining the elegant cuts and gorgeousness of these fashion styles, making them irresistible. So, be it a lehenga choli, salwar suit or a saree, all are available in an eclectic mix of ethnic charm and chic twist.
- Growing promotion on online portals: The moment you type the words ‘ethnic wear online in India’, countless options appear on your screen. In recent years, there has been a massive jump in the number of small, medium and large-scale companies using e-commerce portals; therefore, online stores of ethnic wear have made it possible for women across the globe to buy designer ethnic clothing without any hassles. Also, there is not just one ethnic wear online shopping website, but several dependable websites.
- Ideal for traditional occasions: Be it festivals like Diwali, Navratri, Karva Chauth, Eid, or any private function, ethnic clothing top the list when selecting what to wear. Ethnic wear with a touch of experimentation and innovative style can enhance the look of any traditional handloom linen saree, kurtas, lehengas cholis, and more. Also, women from western culture prefer to wear Indian ethnic wear when participating in Indian festivals to enjoy these occasions in their true spirit.
- Good quality at reasonable prices: While buying ethnic clothing, one of the top criteria that women have in mind is cost. They look for high-quality and unique designs at budget-friendly prices. Modern artisans and designers keep this in mind. They ensure the finesse and designs of such clothes at affordable prices without compromising the quality. Further, online e-commerce sites offer additional offers and discounts that make purchasing Indian ethnic wear a viable option.
- Bollywood Influence: Undoubtedly one of the leading factors behind the popularisation of ethnic clothing, countless women derive fashion inspiration from their favourite B-town divas like Deepika Padukone, Aishwarya Rai, and Madhuri Dixit and many others. These celebs have glorified womens ethnic wear online on Indian and global platforms for many years.
Popular Indian Ethnic Wear For Women On Amala Earth
Merely a decade ago, ethnic clothing meant having them stitched by a local tailor or getting them designed by a fancy designer. But today, with the advent of several ethnic wear sustainable brands, women find it convenient to sit at home and place orders from their favourite ethnic wear online shopping websites. One such brand is Amala Earth, which has its foundation firmly rooted in Indian origin.
Here are some ethnic essentials that are a must in a woman’s wardrobe:
- Sarees: Whenever we talk about ethnic wear for women, the saree is an essential piece. Your attire collection is incomplete without a considerable number and variety of sarees. Need something to wear for an evening party, a family function or a festive occasion? A traditional handloom linen saree can never go wrong, especially a maheswari silk saree. A pair of matching handmade earrings, heels, and bangles, and you are ready to steal the show.
- Lehengas choli: It is one of the most loved ethnic wear for women all across the globe. Lehenga cholis or ghagra cholis are available in light and heavy fabrics and diverse styles for different occasions and celebrations. A lehenga worn with a simple long kurta and having gota patti work will work wonders. It not only makes you look beautiful but confident too.
- Banarasi suits: A must-have in a woman’s wardrobe, a pretty Banarasi suit teamed with a chiffon dupatta can be a great combination. These suits have classic embroidery done on them and look highly graceful. You can wear these with palazzo pants and mojari juttis.
- Anarkali kurtas: Whenever we think about designer ethnic wear or wedding ethnic wear, the Anarkali kurta sounds ideal. It not only gives a traditional look but also adds a royal touch. Wear it with matching leggings and a pair of exquisite earrings, and you are ready for the occasion.
- Cotton kurtas: The demand for cotton kurtas in women's ethnic wear is never-ending. These kurtas are very comfortable to wear and vary in length, style and patterns. Women can pair these with salwars, churidars, dhoti pants, and Patiala salwars.
- Long skirts: When it comes to Indian ethnic wear, you must try long skirts. Comfortable, versatile and never out of fashion. Some of the most popular ones are the leheriya prints and Jaipuri prints. Those with leheriya prints are made up of cotton and look stunning. Pair these with a short Kurti or a crop top, and complete the look with a designer stole. Another factor is the fall and shape of a long skirt. For example, if you have a short body frame, opt for a figure-hugging or A-line style because this will give you a taller appearance. Tall women can go for ruffled and bouncy maxi skirts.
- Ethnic shrugs: Be ready to bag compliments when wearing a bright, beautiful shrug. Even a simple dress undergoes a complete transformation when worn with it. Shrugs are available in short and long lengths, and you can wear them with medium-length kurtis, long skirts, dhoti salwars and short tops.
- Designer dupatta: A few designer dupattas must find a corner in your wardrobe. Various varieties are there, which include Phulwari dupatta, Banarsi dupatta, Gujrati sheesha work dupatta, silk dupatta, and leheriya dupatta, and many more. If you are fond of long skirts, leheriya and Gujarati dupattas go well. Carry them like a scarf or stole. These dupattas can be worn with plain salwar suits or churidars.
- Blouses: Whether you need one for your wedding trousseau or to match a silk saree or cotton jamdani, selecting the perfect style can be tricky. A collection of perfectly fitting blouses can step up your fashion game without a doubt. Long-sleeved blouses, high neck blouses, off-shoulder blouses, cutwork blouses, and mirror blouses are just a few styles. It is crucial to understand your body shape before finalising the blouse design.
Made with handwoven, up-cycled, natural fabrics, the ethnic clothing for women available at Amala Earth is not just intricately designed but is of excellent quality. Each piece of ethnic wear is created keeping your comfort and budget in mind. Suitable for every festival and occasion, women of all ages can find chic and elegant clothes that reflect their style and exceed their expectations.
Consumer satisfaction, authenticity, promotion of locally sourced products and sustainability are the driving forces in every brand's product category. Moreover, because women love to experiment today, the brand keeps its designs up-to-date to stay abreast with the constantly evolving field of women’s ethnic clothing.
So, your quest for authentic, vibrant, splendidly designed, and reasonably-priced ethnic wear ends here. Start shopping at Amala Earth now. Treat yourself to a shopping spree or gift your loved ones stunning ethnic wear that will bring out their true beauty!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What are dhoti pants for women?
If you love the Indo-western clothing style, you will love dhoti pants. Fashionable and comfortable, these trousers are suitable for casual and festive occasions. You can match these with kurtas, tops, and tunics and get a trendy ethnic look. Amala Earth has a wide array of dhoti pants available in multiple colours, patterns, and styles.
2. What are saree skirts?
A beautiful blend of old-world charm and modern style, saree skirts are ready-to-wear new-age ethnic wear. Upgrade your ethnic clothing collection by adding these playful six-yard drapes. You can choose from ruffled, tiered, sequinned, and pleated, and there are many styles available.
3. What are a few tips to look after valuable ethnic wear?
Below are a few tips for maintaining the charm of your expensive ethnic clothing:
- Follow the washing and cleaning instructions carefully.
- Never leave stains. Clean them immediately.
- Store the clothes appropriately.
- Unfold and refold them at regular intervals to prevent permanent creases.
- Avoid putting perfumes directly on such outfits.