Summers in India can be scorching, especially in May and June. It is the weather in which nobody likes to wear heavy and dark-coloured clothes and prefers soothing and breathable clothing. Therefore, it is essential to understand what kind of fabric will be best for these months. Picking the wrong material for yourself can result in you sweating more and even getting skin allergies and rashes.
Linen can be considered one of the best materials for the summer months. Linen fabric is excellent for Indian temperatures as it is very comfortable and is made of natural fibre. And most importantly, there are plenty of options when it comes to stylish linen clothing. You can choose from a linen saree, a linen shirt, or even a linen dress for yourself.
Reasons Why Linen is a Summer-friendly Fabric
Here are a few reasons why everyone considers linen as a sustainable material for summer:
Linen is antibacterial and hypoallergenic
- Some people are often allergic to specific materials and fabrics; linen can be the best alternative. Since linen is made of the flax plant, it is considered one of the natural fabrics. Moreover, linen has antibacterial properties that ensure you won’t get any rashes after wearing it. If you are allergic to a particular fabric, try linen garments such as a linen shirt to keep you comfortable all day.
Linen is breathable
- One of the reasons why people prefer wearing linen in the summer is because it does not stick to their bodies. This property of linen makes it highly breathable. It can easily absorb your body's moisture and even dry more quickly than other fabrics. Next time, if you have an office party to attend, remember to try a linen top with your favourite pair of bottoms.
Linen is a sustainable fashion choice
- Linen needs less water for production and cultivation. Hence, linen is a sustainable fabric and is also an eco-friendly clothing option. By using linen, you will not only be saving the environment but will also be contributing to controlling water consumption. A linen shirt takes around 6.6 litres of water in its lifecycle, compared to the 2,700 litres used by a cotton shirt. So, next time you can wear linen trousers and a shirt to save water and add to your style.
Linen is more durable
- Linen is a biodegradable fabric. It is much more durable in comparison to cotton or any other material. Linen is strong and moth-resistant, and if you take care of your linen top, it can last much longer than the other tops in your wardrobe.
Linen and Fashion
Fashion sees no weather or climate. Whether it is a wedding or a party to attend in winter or summer, you ought to be in your best form. However, the only problem is dressing aptly during the summer season. If you think that linen clothes are not stylish, you should try on some of the finest linen fabric garments.
- Men can wear linen shirts and linen trousers, while women can choose a linen saree or a linen dress. Linen comes in different colours, patterns, and designs, like any other fabric. You can choose from a simple and elegant look to a party wear look from several linen clothing options.
Bottom Line on Linen Fabric
Linen has become a preferred choice of many because of its unbeatable qualities. Since it is made up of a flax plant, it is today's next eco-friendly and sustainable clothing option. Remember to add some linen clothes if you need to revamp your wardrobe.
- And linen also looks suitable as a gift. Next time you need to give something to your mother, buy her a linen saree that she can cherish for years.
Amala Earth is a one-stop curated marketplace for all things earth-friendly in Beauty, Fashion, Home, Food, Wellness, Festive, Gifting and much more! Shop from a variety of linen clothing at Amala Earth.