Coconut Flour Pancakes
They are soft and fluffy, just right for an indulgent breakfast!
Time: 25 minutes.
Coconut flour: 1 cup.
Oats flour/almond flour: 1 ½ cups.
Coconut milk/Almond milk: ½ cup.
Blueberries: 50 grams.
Coconut sugar: 1 tbs.
Salt: one pinch.
Coconut oil: As required.
Warm water: 1 cup.
Coconut chips: for garnishing.
- Mix all the flour and coconut milk, ensuring no lump in the batter.
- Next, add berries, sugar, and salt to the batter.
- If needed, add warm water for a good consistency.
- It is always advisable to let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick griddle and drizzle 1 tsp oil over it.
- Pour in a ladleful of the pancake batter and spread it evenly.
- Cover it with a lid for a minute.
- Flip the pancake and cook it on the other side till it turns light brown.
- Top it with grated and roasted coconut chips.
Coconut Flour Banana Bread
For added nutrition to daily bread.
Time: One-hour-fifteen minutes.
Coconut flour: ½ cup.
All-purpose flour: 1 ½ cups.
Banana: 4 ripe and mashed well.
Coconut oil: 100 grams.
Butter: 100 grams.
Cinnamon: ½ tsp.
Milk: ½ cup.
Coconut sugar: 3 tbs.
Baking soda: ½ tsp.
Salt: One pinch.
Vanilla extract: ½ tsp.
Walnut: 100 grams.
- Mix milk, coconut oil, and sugar at room temperature and keep it aside.
- Add baking soda to the flour and mix it well.
- In a large bowl, add mashed banana and flour and whisk. Add the milk mixture in small quantities for a smooth batter.
- Add vanilla extract, cinnamon, and berries to the bread batter.
- Grease the loaf pan and add the flour mix. Top it up with walnuts.
- Bake it at 180° celsius for approx 40 minutes till the crust browns.
- After a day at room temperature, store the bread for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Coconut Flour Dosa
An instant dosa option with a coconutty flavour.
Cooking time: 20 minutes.
Coconut flour: ¼ cup.
Semolina flour: ½ cup.
Curd: ½ cup.
Green pepper: one small chopped.
Onion: one small chopped.
Carrot: one small chopped.
Cumin seeds: ½ tsp.
Salt: ½ tsp.
Mix semolina and coconut flour with curd and water.
Add salt and vegetables and let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
Spread the mixture on a griddle on medium heat and cook on both sides till brown.
Serve hot with coconut or tomato chutney.
For maximum health benefits, coconut flour works best when combined with other gluten-free flour, such as almonds. The flour should be used judiciously in any baking dish owing to its peculiar properties.
Amala Earth is a one-stop curated marketplace for all things earth-friendly in beauty, fashion, home, food, wellness, festive, gifting, and much more! Shop from a wide collection of organic, healthy foods on www.amala.earth