Affordable, Classy & Unique Rakhi Gifts Online @ Amala Earth
The world knows India for many things, but one of them is how we celebrate cultural festivals in grandiose manners. Ganesh Chaturthi, Christmas, Diwali, Eid, and Janmashtami are some of the many festivals celebrated with a bang. However, among them, Raksha Bandhan surely takes the cream. It reflects the cultural ethos of India and arrives as a harbinger of excitement for the sisters. Every sister waits for this day to receive the best rakhi gifts from her brother. Along the same lines, brothers are excited to see the expression of their sisters as they unwrap the present.
Not just that. Brothers also wait all year long to see the rakhis chosen by their sisters. That day, flaunting the designs of rakhis on the wrist on social media was common. When the enthusiasm on that day is this high, getting the best gift or Rakhi is a compulsion. Keep reading to understand the importance of this festival and its origin. Indulge in the wide range of choices for rakhi shopping on Amala Earth and cherish their wallet-friendly prices.
What is Raksha Bandhan?
Raksha Bandhan also goes by the common name of Rakhi. This Rakhi is a holy knot tied on a brother's wrist to signify commitment and best wishes. Sisters pray for their brothers' long and fulfilling lives as they tie the sacred thread on their wrists. In exchange, the brothers promise to keep their sisters safe and happy by giving them a gift.
What does Rakhi signify?
Raksha Bandhan's significance extends beyond the traditional exchange of a rakhi and gift. It conveys how Indians take the sanctity of the bond between brothers and sisters irrespective of an individual's race, colour, creed, or economic condition. Just a sacred thread (Rakhi) tied to a man's wrist binds him in a beautiful relationship of love and security with his sister. Every year, this festival strengthens the bond between siblings. It also cherishes the promises of new relationships created on this holy day.
The name of this festival varies across different parts of India. While it is commonly known as Raksha Bandhan, people also refer to it by the names Saluno, Rakhi, Rakri, and Silono. This beautiful festival reflects the emotions of love, care, and protection shared between brothers and sisters. There are dozens of mythological stories associated with the festival of Raksha Bandhan.
Origin of Raksha Bandhan
A lesser-known legend written by Shri Vyas Muni in Bhavishya Purana speaks about Raksha Bandhan. According to this legend, Gods and demons once faced each other in a fierce battle. The side of the Gods was led by the powerful Lord of the rain, Lord Indra. On the other hand, the mighty king Bali led the offence from the demons' side. The valour of the kings and their troops could not be overpowered by the other even after many days. Worried by her husband's state, Goddess Sachi went to Lord Vishnu in search of a solution, and he gave her a holy thread. The Goddess tied this thread to her husband's wrist, and he won the war. This legend reflects the power of the simple thread that was then unrestricted to just the bond of siblings.
Another rather popular legend talks about the origin of Raksha Bandhan. This legend belongs to the Mahabharata. Draupadi, the wife of the Pandavas, was present on the spot when Lord Krishna hurt his finger while working with sugarcanes. She immediately tore a piece of her saree and wrapped it around the wound. In exchange, Lord Krishna promised to help Draupadi whenever she needed him. Incidentally, this vow helped in saving her esteem when Dusshashan was disrobing her in front of the royal court.
According to another story, Goddess Yamuna tied a holy thread on the wrist of the Lord of Death, Yama. As a gift, Lord Yama blessed her with immortality. The pure emotions and innocence of Goddess Yamuna won the lord's heart. He announced that every brother who protects her sister in exchange for a rakhi would be immortal by his blessings.
Moving on to more recent times, the story of Rani Karnavati also conveys the sacredness of this festival. After the death of her husband, Rana Sanga, Rani Karnavati's son Vikramjeet became the de facto ruler of the kingdom of Mewar. The queen ruled the kingdom in his name. At that time, Delhi was under the rule of the Mughal Emperor Humayun. Threatened by the attacks of Bahadur Shah of Gujarat, Rani Karnavati sent a rakhi to Emperor Humayun in search of safety. Humayun left his engagements to focus on Mewar's capital Chittor. However, he couldn't arrive on time as Bahadur Shah captured Mewar and Rani Karnavati set herself ablaze to protect her dignity. Despite this, the emperor did not allow Bahadur Shah to take the kingdom as his army pushed him back. The kingdom was honourably handed back to Rani Karnavati's son, Vikramjeet.
Get the best Rakhi gifts online
Amala Earth presents a collection of exquisite rakhi gifts for sisters who are sure to appreciate. Listed below are the most popular ones on the platforms.
- Handmade Wooden Notebook: Sisters who appreciate writing will adore this handmade wooden notebook. It reflects the personal style of the owner and feels lightweight to carry. Made with natural teak, the notebook is handcrafted by experienced local artisans.
- Handcrafted Cotton Bandhej Kurta: Sisters who wish to give a return gift to their brothers can select this simple yet traditional Bandhej kurta. It is sourced from local manufacturers who keep their local tradition and culture alive through their work.
- Rakhi Pooja Thali: Sisters would love the gift of this brass pooja thali that adds a royal touch to the celebration. Brothers can send this product as an early gift to their sisters to show they care.
- Luxury Perfume Gift Set: Sisters would love the gift of this luxurious set of perfumes. This set allows them to use the fragrance of their choice depending on the occasion and outfit.
Buy Designer Rakhi for brothers
The following list comprises designer, fancy, simple, and eco-friendly rakhi threads. People can send Rakhi online or select a rakhi set for their brothers from the options listed below.
- Cotton Thread Nargis Rakhi: This beautiful cotton Nargis rakhi is entirely made by special artisans. It is eco-friendly and handcrafted to perfection to ensure that the brother who receives this feels special. The Rakhi must be kept away from warm water to guarantee the longevity of its colour.
- Cotton & Jute Superhero Reversible Rakhi: This rakhi set is perfect for the young brothers who love superhero characters from Marvel and DC comics. These rakhis are made with organically sourced cotton and jute using minimal water to save the soil and the environment. Brothers will surely cherish the reversible aspect of this quirky Rakhi. Sisters can combine the purchase of this Rakhi set with recycled paper affirmation cards for their brothers.
- Cotton Thread Neelkamal with Bamboo Box: People who love getting their gifts in a package will love the thoughtful presentation of this Rakhi. The cotton rakhi is beautifully adorned with a Neel kamal design at the centre. Neelkamal is an eye-soothing water lily that increases the visual beauty of this Rakhi. It comes in an eco-friendly bamboo package to nudge their brothers toward sustainable shopping.
- Cotton Jute Rakhi: Jute is one of the most durable organic materials. This cotton jute rakhi comes with attached little Ghungroos to add an element of design to the Rakhi. The ends of the thread are adorned with pompoms to make the Rakhi stand out uniquely on the wrist of the brother.
- Cotton Bauble Rakhi: The cotton bauble rakhi is adorned with beads, baubles, and a turquoise silk flower. It is one of the fanciest designer rakhis on this list.
About Amala Earth
Amala Earth is a company that stands tall on its commitment to sustainability. The products on this platform are manufactured using organically produced raw materials. They are processed sustainably to protect the environment from the harmful effects of chemicals. The brand helps every buyer contribute toward making the planet a better place than it already is. It spoils the buyers with choices to select the best eco-friendly products without compromising their quality.
Sisters living in different cities can select the best Rakhi online on this platform. Amala Earth will take care of the online rakhi delivery to the selected location at the earliest possible date. On the other hand, brothers can also surprise their sisters through online rakhi shopping. Choose the gift for the sister and see it delivered to her doorstep. Explore Amala Earth's collection to make a pick.