What does oral hygiene mean?
Oral care is as critical as the care bestowed upon any other body part. It is the practice of keeping the mouth clean and disease-free. This can include daily brushing, flossing, and regular visits to the dentist for check-ups and cleaning.
All this might seem like a lot of work, but with proper awareness and good oral hygiene products, anyone can achieve healthy teeth and gums. This results in long-lasting oral health where one can smile and speak clearly without the fear of bad breath.
Major benefits of oral hygiene
Sadly, most people don’t take oral hygiene very seriously. But, what they should understand is that oral care is preventive care, and prevention is always better than cure. It will help prevent the suffering caused by oral problems, such as cavities, gum disease, and bad breath.
Oral hygiene is closely linked to a person’s overall physical health since most infections find their way into the body through the mouth.
What are some oral care products available online?
Since people are increasingly adopting healthier choices in every way possible, oral care has gained immense popularity. Many include oral care practices beyond simply brushing their teeth daily. A vital change they make is investing in proper oral hygiene products. As mentioned above, oral health is inextricably linked with the general well-being of a person, and a little goes a long way.
If one wants to have good mouth hygiene, here is a list of some beneficial oral care products:
- Wooden toothbrush: This eco-friendly toothbrush is available in various forms, the most popular being the bamboo brush. This sturdy and organic toothbrush is a much healthier option than plastic brushes for people and the earth. This is because of the antibacterial and biodegradable nature of bamboo. Buy a bamboo toothbrush without a second thought today!
- Activated charcoal tooth powder: One must be very mindful while deciding what material to use to clean the mouth. Using a harmful material can disturb overall health. But don’t worry! Charcoal tooth powder is an incredible product that can work wonders on the teeth. It freshens the breath and makes the teeth look pearly white. It provides natural sources of fluoride to detox the mouth.
- Stainless steel tongue cleaner: This tongue scraper built from stainless steel is durable with smooth edges to prevent any cuts. Metal scrapers are considered far more sustainable and effective than plastic alternatives.
- Zero waste toothpaste: Peppermint toothpaste has some fantastic properties. In addition to its refreshing taste, it is also sustainable and keeps teeth and gums healthy. Most importantly, it is an eco-friendly product that produces zero waste.
- Coconut oil for oil pulling: People eat so many things daily. Thus, a safe and effective mouthwash is a must since one can’t keep brushing their teeth every time they eat something. The natural coconut oil mouth swirl is an ayurvedic mouthwash that whitens teeth, reduces bad breath, and improves overall oral health and immunity. Similarly, there are oil-pulling mouthwash extracts made from citrus and mint, which are refreshing.
- Zero dental waste kit: As a beginner in oral care and confused about where to start, one might start by getting a bamboo dental kit for themselves. This kit is like a complete oral care package that offers a set of two bamboo toothbrushes, activated charcoal tooth powder or toothpaste, copper or steel tongue cleaner, and a beautiful bamboo holder to keep them together.
Get these and many other amazing oral care products online. Try out the wonderful eco-friendly products of Amala Earth and promote responsible choices.
Let’s talk about another area of self-care. Other than oral care, taking care of the skin is essential. Who doesn’t like clear and glowing skin after all? However, different people having different skin types require other products. One has to be very careful while picking a product for their skincare routine since the wrong or poor-quality products can make the skin suffer.
Oral Care: The importance of good oral hygiene
Good oral care is vital for keeping teeth and gums healthy. Therefore, regularly brushing and flossing one’s teeth is essential to keep the mouth healthy and free of diseases.
The following are a few tips one can follow to improve their oral hygiene:
- Brush teeth twice daily- Doctors recommend brushing teeth twice daily to maintain oral hygiene. Using a BPA-free bamboo brush with nylon bristles is advisable to polish away the surface stains.
- Flossing once- To keep mouth hygiene intact, one must floss one’s teeth at least once a day.
- Rinsing- To prevent plaque and bad breath, one should use an antibacterial mouthwash daily.
- Pick online oral care products: One can find excellent discounts on toothpaste and antibacterial mouthwash by shopping for oral care products online.
- Visit your dentist regularly- Along with taking oral hygiene measures at home, it is also essential to go for a routine dental check-up. It is recommended to go for a regular dental check-up every six months.
Why is oral hygiene important?
Oral hygiene is essential to keep the teeth and gums healthy. Poor oral health can lead to problems such as bad breath and cavities, making it difficult for people with these problems to eat and interact with others.
What are the benefits of using a bamboo toothbrush?
The antibacterial properties of bamboo are good for oral health. Amala Earth’s biodegradable toothbrush is a sustainable option that helps reduce one’s carbon footprint. Since they are eco-friendly toothbrushes, they do not harm our environment, making them better than regular ones.
Why is it important to use sustainable oral products?
It is crucial to introduce sustainability in as many areas of life as possible. An earth-friendly lifestyle will help us build a better world for present and future generations.
What are the oral hygiene products that one should use?
The doctors advise using a wooden toothbrush, activated charcoal tooth powder, stainless steel tongue cleaner, and an antibacterial mouthwash.
Why is it recommended to use charcoal tooth powder?
It is recommended to use activated charcoal tooth powder because it helps remove pigments and stains from the teeth.
Does smoking affect oral hygiene?
Smoking can lead to various gum diseases. It also is the primary reason for oral cancer.
Importance of skincare
Skin Care is important not just to look good, but it is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. A well-thought-out skincare routine is a must for the following reasons:
- It keeps the skin healthy and in good condition. The skin cells keep on shedding every day, so to keep the skin glowing and free of acne and wrinkles, one needs an effective skincare routine.
- The skin can look more radiant and youthful by using the right natural skin care products. As people age, their skin looks duller and less refreshing. So, the use of quality skin care products is required to remove dead skin cells and replace them with newer cells.
- Prevention is always better than cure for skin diseases. Skin problems can be challenging to fix and take time. So it is always better to avoid any problems in the first place.
- Clear and glowing skin makes people feel self-confident and good about themselves. They can then put their best foot forward while dealing with the world.
- Skincare can also protect the skin from environmental damages such as pollution or sunburn.
Today, there is a surge of cosmetic and skin care products in the form of cleansers, moisturizers, serums, etc., in the market. Many cosmetic brands have come up, which has added to the consumers' confusion. Here is a list of some of the most healthy natural and organic skincare products one can quickly go for without any doubt.
- Organic sunscreen is the best chemical-free sunscreen with SPF 60 to protect the skin from harmful UV rays. The tamarind seed extracts used in it keep the skin hydrated and smooth.
- The ayurvedic body lotion is made from useful natural products such as ashwagandha, Kesar, Chandan, and honey. These ingredients have been in use for skincare since ancient times. It acts as an anti-aging agent and keeps the skin soft, hydrated, and radiant.
- Organic aloe vera gel: Herbal skincare products are in great demand these days, and rightly so. Aloe vera acts as an excellent moisturizer with its high water content and light texture. It provides instant relief to irritated skin affected by rash, redness, sunburn, or skin infection. It even removes dark circles around the eyes.
Incorporating skincare and oral care into the daily routine can lead to a happier and healthier life.