Sustainability is the buzzword these days and rightly so. It is gradually encompassing various aspects of one’s life, from food, clothing to cosmetic products. Consumers are becoming conscious enough to consider ethical business practices while making a purchase. This is why cruelty-free beauty brands are on the rise.
Everyone must have heard about ethical or clean beauty. It not just considers what the products are made of but also how they are made. Basically, the manufacturers have to focus on the entire supply chain, from working conditions to environmental impact.
Aspects of ethical beauty
The key aspects of ethical and sustainable beauty are as follows:
- Ethical sourcing: Traditionally, sourcing ingredients used in cosmetic products contributed to labour abuse and child labour. Ethical sourcing refers to sourcing raw materials or ingredients used in beauty products in a responsible manner. It includes good working conditions and fair wages for workers. Brands practising ethical sourcing take social and environmental impacts of their activities into consideration.
The first step one can take towards sustainability is to promote such brands and buy their cosmetic products online.
- Cruelty-free beauty products: There are many beauty ingredients which are derived from animals, such as beeswax, casein from cow milk and lanolin from sheep’s wool. Also, many beauty products are first tested on animals. These factors result in animal cruelty and exploitation. This is why more and more vegan, cruelty-free beauty brands must come up.
- Zero waste: Another advantage of the beauty industry embracing ethical and sustainable methods is that it reduces the amount of waste produced to a great extent. Conventionally, most of our beauty products have been using plastic, which is non-biodegradable. But, ethical beauty brands have adopted plastic alternatives and reusable packaging with paper or bamboo, which is biodegradable and can even be recycled.
Beauty products online
People are increasingly becoming advocates of ethical beauty and want to support brands that are doing the right thing. However, when they decide to make responsible choices, they often end up getting confused and deceived by brands greenwashing and making false claims. Fortunately, with time, most of the ethical brands are becoming mainstream and much easier to find. Amala Earth is one such platform which brings together a wide variety of beauty products from many cruelty-free beauty brands, such as Amrutum, Khadi Natural, Bhoomi, Ecosattva, ORGANIC INDIA and so on. Let’s explore their rich collection.
- Skin care: Taking good care of skin is of utmost importance. Clear and glowing skin is an indicator of good health. A person can take care of his/her skin the way he/she likes with Amala Earth’s large collection of organic and ayurvedic skin care products. Let’s talk about some of the popular products.
There is the kumkumadi herbal oil which can be used by both men and women with various skin types. This magical oil restores the natural glow of skin and reduces signs of ageing and dullness. Another oil made from ayurvedic neroli and tea tree fights acne. Charcoal face mask, organic sunscreen, ayurvedic body lotion and organic aloe vera gel are some other products to rejuvenate the skin. There are products for specific skin types as well, such as for dry or oily skin. There are organic creams or gels to use under the eyes for dark circle control, anti-pollution face washes and herbal moisturisers.
These are just a few of the products. One should explore all product categories of Amala Earth to find the best ayurvedic skincare products.
- Makeup and nails: The right makeup can make a person feel more confident and empowered. It is important to choose makeup products very wisely. A wrong product can cause either an instant allergic reaction or some long-term health effects like gradual darkening of skin or even something as serious as skin cancer. To relieve the consumers of this stress, Amala Earth puts together the highest-quality ayurvedic beauty products from the best ethical cosmetic brands across India.
One can find organic lipstick and lip gloss made from organic ghee and almond oil with no lead, petroleum or synthetic colours in it. These are totally vegan products which beautify and nourish the lips. Consumers can get these lip products in a variety of amazing shades, such as nude pink, lush berry and peachy mist. Other amazing products are the cruelty-free gel kajal and eyeliner that is paraben-free, mascara nourished with argan and castor oil, powder blush made with argan oil and vitamin E and herb-enriched lip and cheek tint. Moreover, Amala Earth offers beautiful nail paints in a variety of colours and textures. One can find vegan metallic nail paints with long-lasting shine and free from any toxins.
- Hair care: Hair care is an important part of the beauty regime. Especially with the air pollution and harmful chemicals in food products on the rise, hair needs extra care. Amala Earth has got everything a person needs to take care of his/her tresses. One can get the best sulphate-free shampoo and gel, ayurvedic kuntal hair oil for hair strengthening, organic conditioner made from castor and onion oil, natural henna and indigo hair colour kit and a complete neem and hemp hair spa kit on Amala Earth. The best thing is that all these wonderful products are available at reasonable prices at no extra cost. Thus, people should buy beauty products online from reliable sites promoting conscious living.
Oral care, fragrances and bath essentials
People often make the mistake of limiting beauty to their external aspects, such as skin, hairs or eyes. However, beauty is not just about how one looks, but more about how one feels. This is why it is equally important to take care of one’s oral health and body odour to become completely beautiful.
- Oral care: Oral care refers to taking care of one’s teeth and gums to prevent bad breath and any other mouth disease. When it comes to oral care, people are not very aware of what products to use. To relieve them of their confusion, Amala Earth has brought a whole range of oral care products. One can start by using an organic toothpaste, such as peppermint or sea salt toothpaste or activated charcoal tooth powder. To take care of teeth and gums, one should adopt eco-friendly bamboo charcoal or neem wood toothbrushes. There are oil-pulling organic mouth swirls made of cinnamon or mint extracts. One should also develop the habit of using copper or stainless steel tongue cleaner. As a beginner in oral care, one can start with the zero-waste dental kit available on Amala Earth.
- Fragrances and bath essentials: Who doesn’t like to smell good? Here on Amala Earth, one can find unique and diverse perfumes made to define a person’s personality. The perfumes are made from natural ingredients, such as Himalayan cedar and oakwood perfume, tea tree and lemon citrus burst, jasmine and rose perfume, mud infused perfume and petrichor perfume that smells of the first rain on dry ground.
One can also find bath essentials on Amala Earth that can ensure a relaxing and refreshing bath experience. The organic loofah and coconut fibre body brush are natural skin exfoliators. The coconut shower oil is great for skin nourishment. Explore more such products online.
What is meant by ethical beauty?
Ethical beauty refers to the production of beauty products in a responsible manner. Ethical and sustainable beauty brands take into account what a product is made of and also how it is being made.
What does greenwashing mean?
The term, greenwashing, refers to a marketing strategy of companies wherein they make false or exaggerated claims about how their products are sustainably and ethically produced. This is done to mislead customers into believing that the company is eco-friendly.
What are the main components of ethical beauty?
Ethical beauty comprises three basic aspects: Ethical sourcing of ingredients, cruelty-free methods and zero-waste production. This makes ethical beauty products good for both consumers and the environment.
What are the different ayurvedic skincare products available online?
Consumers can easily purchase ethically sourced skincare products online from such sites as Amala Earth. There are plenty of product choices, ranging from ayurvedic oils, body lotions, organic sunscreen, face serums to aloe vera gels, organic face washes and natural creams to control dark circles. These products nourish the skin, keep it hydrated and acne-free and restore the natural glow.
How are organic cosmetic products prepared?
Organic beauty products are prepared from natural or ayurvedic ingredients, such as almond oil, castor oil, etc. They are not tested on animals and do not contain petroleum, lead or other synthetic chemicals.
What are the different types of organic oils one can use for hair care?
There are many natural ingredients useful for hair. These are used to make organic oils, which can rejuvenate and nourish the hair when applied. Such oils include castor and black onion oil, ayurvedic bhringraj oil, apple seed oil, olive oil and coconut oil.