Christmas: Gifts, History, Tradition & More
Christmas brings to mind the subvocalization of the jingling of bells and anticipation of the gift. (Subvocalization is sound that comes into the mind while reading a word.) What does Christmas to your mind? For me, it is the beautiful decorations of the tree and the spread of stockings. The decorations all around the room give a festive vibe and excitement. Additionally, the exchange of Christmas gifts elevates this excitement to a new level.
The guesswork behind the content of the gifts leaves everyone at the edge of their seats. However, the stress of finding the best Christmas gifts beats the anticipation of the gifts to be received. There is a way out of this scenario. To celebrate the merrymaking of Christmas with happiness, vigour, and excitement, knowing all about the festival is crucial.
The following sections take on a high-adrenaline ride that clears every doubt regarding the festival. Equipped with the knowledge of the festival, any person can be the star of their Christmas party. One can entertain the kids and adults around them. After all, the season is famed to invoke nostalgia, warmth, comfort, and happiness. What's a better way to do it than exchanging Christmas gift boxes and jolly words?
All about Christmas
Christmas is undoubtedly one of the most loved and awaited holidays around the world. Majorly, Christians celebrate this festival annually to commemorate the birth of their Lord, Jesus Christ. He is the founder of their religion and the saviour of humanity. However, today, people of all beliefs and religions join in this festival of happiness and celebration. They celebrate it as a cultural holiday with music, family friends, and Christmas secret Santa gifts.
History of Christmas
While most people believe this festival marks the birth of Jesus Christ, allegedly, that isn't the case. The Bible does not explicitly mention the date of Christ's birth. But, the hints mentioning flocks and shepherds signal the high probability of springtime.
The research regarding the history of Catholic origin is still ongoing. However, people believe that the Roman Emperor Justinian announced December 25th to be a holiday. This was a holiday for civilians for the first time in history. Later, Pope Julius I in 350 A.D. announced the selection of this date for the birth of Christ.
People of various cultures celebrated the winter solstice or midwinter season in different ways. It was celebrated in one way or another even before the death of Jesus Christ. After the crucifixion of Christ, Easter became a major Catholic festival.
Many of the festivals in that age focused on the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus. Around 300 A.D. the political leaders decided to find a way for making Christian festivals famous. It would be done with the spread of the Church's influence. To achieve this, they combined the existing festivities with the celebration of the newly marked 'Christmas.'
On Christmas, two pagan festivals that honoured the Sun God were traditionally celebrated. The then-Roman Emperor and the Church marked the birth of Christ on that day. They made the festival as fun as possible. This was done to curb the influence of paganism.
Many people believe the holy celebration of Christmas shouldn't have been shared with other festivals. However, Catholics say that the gospels of Christ cut across cultures and other religions. He taught us to spread love and acceptance.
Listed below are the ancient and modern Christmas traditions and their significance.
- Trees: Evergreen trees always symbolise Christmas. Martin Luther was the first to bring an Evergreen tree to his house, lit with candles. He did that to symbolise his endless life in Jesus.
- Holly: In Matthew 27:29, Holly is believed to be Christ's crown of thorns.
- Gifts: Exchange of Christmas gifts for kids and adults have become a highlight of the festival today. But, the tradition of gifts started after the birth of Jesus. As per Matthew 2, Magi went to Mary and Joseph to meet Jesus after his birth. Gifts like myrrh, frankincense, and gold were presented to him.
- Candles: People light candles on Christmas to make way for positivity and light in the world.
- Mistletoe: From the Roman age, the mistletoe has been a symbol of friendship. It was believed that under the mistletoe, enmities were ended. People became friends again.
Unique Christmas gifts for men, women, kids, & friends
Different cultures have adopted several ways of celebrating Christmas. However, the tradition of exchanging gifts is common throughout the world. In the following list, people can find unique Christmas gift ideas to make their loved ones feel special.
Christmas gifts for kids
- Wooden Toy: The magnetic wooden Christmas Tree will make them excited for Christmas every year. This will also encourage kids to follow an environment-friendly lifestyle. People can pair this with other gift items like Mango Wood Christmas Tree. They can also add books for Kids to complete the gift set.
- Christmas Bunting: Nothing makes kids happy than seeing pine trees or Christmas special buntings. This marks the holiday season. Parents and kids equally love Christmas bunting. It's because this bunting is made with LED lights and houses. It can be used all year long for varying events.
- Copper Baking Mould: This is a great gift if the child loves experimenting in the kitchen. Please them by getting a special Evergreen tree-shaped copper mould. It can be used for making little cookies for the Christmas season.
- Assorted Plantable Hamper: A plantable hamper will encourage the child to understand the importance of plants for our survival. It will teach them important values and push them to pursue an environment-friendly way of living.
Christmas gifts for women and men
- Kansa Gua Sha Face Massage Tool: This face massage tool stimulates the flow of blood throughout the face. It gives glowing and youthful skin. It helps in reducing the visible signs of ageing like fine lines and wrinkles. Both men and women can use this tool.
- Coffee Mood Skin Care Gift Kit: Coffee comes with the natural potential to remove dead skin cells and give a natural glow to the skin. This gift kit contains a face wash, face scrub, face mask, and body scrub. This gift would take comprehensive care of a woman's skincare needs.
- Men's Grooming Kit: This Beige Neem Wood Men's Grooming Kit contains six eco-friendly products. It comes with a reusable bamboo razor that's rust-resistant. It has bamboo cotton swabs, three wooden combs, and a cotton bag for travel needs.
Christmas gifts for seniors
- Nuts and Dryfruits: Heart-friendly nuts, seeds, and dry fruits will make one of the best gifts for seniors. Products like pumpkin seeds reduce the risk of cancers and keep the heart healthy. Similarly, hemp seeds can be munched between meals. They boost the immune system in a person's body.
- Scented candles: Scented votive candles act as the harbinger of peace and happiness for seniors. They calm their mind and body with the soothing fragrance of frangipani and apple. Each candle in this set has a burning capacity of up to 17 hours. They are also adorned with pearls and covers to create an aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- Essential Oil: This essential oil is a balanced blend of eucalyptus and rosemary oils. It calms the mind to provide relief from migraine or sinuses. Seniors can use it to calm their headaches and have a good night's rest.
Buy Christmas secret Santa gifts at Amala Earth
You can select one of the best Christmas gifts for friends or a Christmas gift drawing at Amala Earth. The platform hosts a wide collection of environment-friendly products. They are aesthetically pleasing as well. People can find several gift inspirations for the festival on Amala Earth. From Christmas gift ideas for friends to Christmas tree drawing with gifts for all. Shop at the best prices till the stock lasts!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the best Christmas gifts for a girlfriend?
Women would appreciate gifts like comfortable bedding, ethical beauty products, aesthetically pleasing kitchenware items, and gift hampers for Christmas.
- What are the best Christmas gifts for a boyfriend?
The best Christmas gifts for boyfriends are eco-friendly skin care products, grooming essentials, books, and travel essentials.
- What are the best Christmas gifts for girls?
Some best Christmas gifts for girls are jewellery, gift hampers, chocolates, cookies, and sustainable clothes.
- What is the most commonly given Christmas gift?
Many surveys have been conducted across the world. According to them, toys, gift cards, and apparel are the most gifted Christmas products for people of all ages.
- What should adults ask for Christmas?
Adults must ask for comfortable yet environment-friendly gifts. It could be headgear, house plants, good quality socks, comfortable clothes, sunglasses, or a coffee-table book.