All About Cast Iron Cookware
Cast iron cookware is one of the most popular metals used in cooking for ages. Cast iron is used to cook meals because of its beneficial health properties and availability. It is naturally non-stick in nature and thus can be easily used for multipurpose cooking. Cast iron utensils are highly preferred as they last longer and have a sturdy structure that doesn't break or go bad that easily.
Cast iron cookware is good for your health as it infuses iron and other nutrients into the food while cooking. Cast iron utensils include cast iron pan, cast iron grill, and cast iron cooking set that are basics for the Indian cooking style. Cast iron non-stick cookware is a long-lasting cookware to keep in your kitchen as it can be used to cook all kinds of batter-based recipes including dosa, uttapam, besan chilla, moong chilla etc. The cast iron pan comes in multiple sizes from regular to large to cater for a variety of food items. The cast iron grill can be used for grilled sandwiches, grilling both veg and non-veg food preferences.
Benefits of Cooking in Cast Iron Utensils
1. Multi-purpose - Cast iron cookware is useful to cook any kind of food recipe you want to try. It also keeps the food warmer after turning off the stove as cast iron absorbs heat for a longer time. Flat-surfaced cast iron utensils can be used on OTGs and induction stoves as well.
2. Healthy - Eating a meal cooked in cast iron cooking pots helps in increasing the healthy portion of the meal. Cast iron cooking sets are made without any harmful chemical coatings, are 100% toxin free and safe for cooking.
3. Enhances Taste - Cooking with cast iron utensils naturally enhances the taste of food. It provides a distinct flavour to the food which is delicious as well.
4. Naturally Non Stick - Cast iron cookware is naturally nonstick and makes it super easy to cook vegetables that require deep cooking.
How to maintain Cast Iron Cookware
Keeping the cast iron cookware up to date is not as difficult as one assumes. There are only a few things to keep in mind when cleaning and handling cast iron utensils. We have listed down the right procedure to clean and care for it below-
Rinse the cast iron pan or utensils with some diluted cleansing soap or detergent, warm water and cleaning wool. Be cautious of not using any abrasive cleaning product while washing the cast iron cooking pots and pans. Using harsh wool can damage the iron coating and can damage the utensils.
If you're someone who is looking for a change in your kitchen and wants to update your cooking style, cast iron cookware can help in the kitchen modification process that you are aspiring to do.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What are the benefits of using Cast Iron Cookware at home?
Cast iron cookware is one of the most durable and long-lasting cookware you can find in Indian kitchens. With little care and maintenance, cast iron utensils go a long way.
2) Does cooking in Cast Iron Utensils improve your health?
Yes, cooking in a cast iron pan or cooker needs less oil than any other utensil. With its natural properties, a cast iron cooking pot automatically charges and infuses iron into your food, enhancing its nutritional value.
3) What is the best way to clean your Cast Iron Utensils?
Keep it simple and minimal. Take some warm water and mix dish wash liquid into it. Soak your cast iron utensils in the water and gently scrub with a regular dish wash wool. Rinse properly and dry it out.