With Raksha Bandhan just around the corner, everyone is trying to find unique gifts for their siblings. There are too many choices and very little time. Amala Earth’s special Rakhi and Rakhi hampers collection are here to your rescue. Amala Earth has fantastic gift options and the best part is that they are all made from eco-friendly products. Let us explore all the unique gift options for your sibling on the auspicious occasion of Rakhi.
Significance of Raksha Bandhan
Raksha Bandhan, also known as Rakhi, celebrates the pure love and friendship between siblings. The literal translation of Raksha Bandhan is ‘safety’ and ‘bond’. By tying the auspicious thread on the hand of their siblings, people pray for their safety and promise always to protect them and be there for them in any situation.
Rakhi celebrates the unconditional love and support provided by siblinghood. This is why people want to make their siblings feel very special on this day.
Sustainable and eco-friendly Raksha Bandhan
As people start preparing for the festival of Rakhi, the hunt for the best Rakhi also begins. While people buy the most colourful and quirky Rakhis, they often ignore that the sacred Rakhi thread is mainly made up of non-biodegradable material like plastic that harms the environment. That is why everyone should make a conscious decision to choose eco-friendly Rakhis. Eco-friendly Rakhis are made from biodegradable materials and 100% natural products.
Where to buy Eco-friendly Rakhis
People have celebrated Raksha Bandhan for years and thought of creative gifts to give their siblings. With the lifestyle led by most people now, it is challenging to make a handmade Rakhi or a greeting card, but thanks to the advancement of technology, handmade Rakhi threads are even available online!
The best handmade Rakhis online are available at Amala Earth, which has eco-friendly Rakhis that can be planted in the soil. Amala Earth creates rakhis which are made from naturally-dyed, hand-spun organic cotton, with seeds embedded in it.
What makes Amala Earth the best place to buy Rakhis online is that along with helping the environment through biodegradable packaging, the brand also helps support farmers and artists of Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
Unique Rakhi gifts available at Amala Earth
Other than the unique, handmade Rakhi thread designs available online, Amala Earth also has a wide range of products available for all age groups.
- Bookmark Rakhi – Bookmark Rakhis are shaped like a bookmark in fun designs. As reusable gifts, these rakhis are a great option for younger siblings who can put them to use after the festival, while reading and studying.
- Rakhis made with cotton and beads – Comfortable on the wrist and made from soft cotton fabric, these are perfect for older siblings. These can also be reused as curtain ties, table napkin ties, letter/scroll ties, gift ties, etc.
- Jute and cotton Rakhi – These handmade Rakhis are made with jute, seed paper, cotton, wooden beads and other natural products. These Rakhis are compostable, low waste and an ideal way to celebrate traditions ecologically.
- Clay Rakhi with seeds – One of the unique Rakhis available online, the clay Rakhis contain flower seeds such as marigold etc.
- Crochet Rakhis – Crochet Rakhis are vibrant recyclable Rakhis handcrafted by the women artisans of Gaya. Each uniquely designed Rakhi set contains a chocolate, rice (akshat) and kumkum packed in a keepsake crochet pouch. These can also be recycled as a choker necklace or curtain tie, added to the bag as a lucky charm, and made into a brooch with a pin. There are many creative ways to use this beautiful keepsake.
- Plantable seed paper Rakhi – These Rakhis have seeds of basil and sunflower, among others, embedded in them. Reusable after the festival to grow a plant, this Rakhi serves as a symbol of the growing and everlasting love between siblings.
- Bhaiya Bhabhi Rakhi sets – These Bhaiya Bhabhi Rakhi sets are a chance to strengthen the bond with your sister-in-law. These sets are available in the plantable seed Rakhis range.
- Gardening kit combo with Rakhi – Many of the Rakhis available at Amala Earth come with a gardening kit containing coco coins, a biodegradable pot, organic micronutrients, roli chawal and a marker stick. These Rakhis can help spark the interest for gardening in the young and old alike.
- 100% natural cookies gift hampers – These cookies are made with 100% natural ingredients and include no preservatives. Packaged in glass jars, the available cookie flavours includes honey-almond, honey oats date, whole wheat, jaggery, coconut crunch, salted whole wheat, salted sugarless, wheat bran, multi-grain, honey oats, almond butter and multigrain cookies.
On the special occasion of Raksha Bandhan, the bond between siblings can be celebrated uniquely by combining tradition with sustainability. An earth-friendly community can be created by using eco-friendly Rakhis. So this Rakhi we urge you to support sustainable, responsible choices, and check out the unique Rakhi gifts by Amala Earth www.amala.earth