Practising some form of mindfulness is one of the most common new year's resolutions. Yoga and meditation aid with these, besides helping people stay fit and healthy. Yoga originated over 5,000 years ago and has been a blessing to humankind ever since. It helps people relax and sleep better. For all these reasons, yoga needs to be on everyone's New Year's resolutions list!
Listed below are some easy steps that can help getting started with yoga and meditation:
- The right space and yoga accessories go a long way.
- A calm and quiet space is the right choice for practising yoga. The next thing required for a meditation session is the right meditation mat. Non-slippery yoga mats, such as a cork yoga mat or a cotton yoga mat, work well! Amala Earth's cork yoga mat is made up of water-based inks with superior corks that are biodegradable, recyclable, and made entirely of natural tree rubber. On the other hand, their cotton yoga mat is made up of 100% cotton fibres!
- It is important to move in style
Choosing the right yoga outfit can ease the yoga journey. The right yoga wear is the ideal combination of comfort, breathability, and flexibility. Nothing is worse than doing yoga while wearing uncomfortable clothes, so make sure you steer clear of ill-fitted yoga wear that is too tight or loose. A breathable yoga outfit that is form-fitting is better, as it allows enough room for a range of movements effortlessly!
- Amala Earth's yoga wear ticks these boxes. Plus, all of their yoga wear is made of ocean waste, ensuring sustainability. The yoga outfits from Amala Earth are super soft and moisture-wicking to provide a soothing and sweat-free experience.
- An empty stomach is better for physical movement
Yoga poses should always be performed on a light or empty stomach. This is why people must wait 2 - 3 hours between having a meal and practising yoga.
- Practise makes a person perfect
For best results, one must create realistic goals and stick to them. Even if someone misses one or two days, they should try their best to get back on track. The goal is to practise yoga until it becomes a habit that comes naturally!
- Avoid injuries
Knowing one's body and being aware of one's boundaries helps keep injuries at bay. People must take special care of delicate areas like their neck, spine, and knees as these parts are more susceptible to injuries. In case of discomfort, one can adjust their posture or switch to a different one instead of forcefully pushing through.
Another way of avoiding injuries is getting in a warm-up session before starting yoga. This increases the body's flexibility, warming it up to different yoga postures.
- Relax with Savasana
Relaxing is crucial in yoga, which is why people must end their yoga sessions with Savasana. This gives the body enough time to relax and the neurological system to absorb the advantages of physical movement.
- These tips are easy and actionable and can help people start or continue yoga in the right way. So get the right yoga accessories from Amala Earth and get started with yoga and meditation today!
Amala Earth is a one-stop curated marketplace for all things earth-friendly in Beauty, Fashion, Home, Food, Wellness, Festive, Gifting and much more! Shop from a range of yoga and wellness essentials at Amala Earth.