Every child is special and so are their skin needs. With so many products on the market, it can be hard to know where to start. That’s why we’ve put together this guide to skincare for kids. We’ll give you all the information you need to choose the best baby skin care products, from body toning oil to cold-pressed almond oil and more.
Importance of Good Skincare for Kids
It’s never too early to encourage a healthy skincare routine. A good baby skincare routine can help prevent problems like acne, eczema and psoriasis. Avoiding skin issues early and using the right products can help prevent skin conditions. By taking the time to educate yourself on the best skin care products for newborn baby, you can ensure healthy skin for your child for life.
Tips for Good Skin Care for Kids
Most parents and kids don't prioritise skincare until the issues start interfering in their personal lives. However, building a skincare routine is important for kids of all ages. A baby's skin is delicate and sensitive, so it's important to take special care while cleansing and moisturising it. Here is a simple daily routine you can follow to keep your baby's skin healthy and glowing with baby skin care products india:
- Wash your baby's face with a gentle, non-irritating No-Rinse Body Cleanser once or twice a day.
- Body massage before bath provides relaxation and extra moisture to the skin. It can be done with Cold-Pressed Sweet Almond Oil, the Best Body Toning Oil, or Natural Baby Massage Oil with coconut oil and turmeric.
- Give a bath with mild soaps without strong fragrances like Organic Oil Soap or with Ayurvedic Body Wash.
- Before hair washing, you may apply Aloe Vera Soothing Gel to the hair and scalp for giving softness to the hair. When it comes to hair washing, it is a strict no to any strong soap or shampoo; the ones with natural ingredients are best to be used such as Neem Leaf Hair Cleansing Bar or a mild Coconut Nectar Baby Shampoo
- Apply moisturiser to your baby's face and body after bath time. Aloe Vera Soothing Gel can also be used after the bath as it hydrates and soothes the skin.
- Babies and small kids normally get rashes due to prolonged use of diapers. Apply Baby Bath Powder for nappy rashes and use Skin-friendly Diapers to avoid any rashes or soreness.
- Encourage kids to drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is important for all aspects of health, including skin health.
- Make sure they're eating a balanced diet. A healthy diet repairs the whole body, including the skin.
- Teach the grown-up kids about sun safety. It's important to protect the skin from harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Encourage good hygiene habits. Washing the face and hands regularly can help to keep the skin clean and free of any bacteria.
- Skin problems can be more easily treated when they're caught early. So, always keep an eye out for any change in the skin.
By following these simple tips, you and your kids can develop good skincare habits that will last a lifetime.
Ingredients to Avoid for Kids
Among the various skincare products on the market, it can be difficult to choose the ones that are safe for your kids. However, there are a few ingredients that are harmful to the skin that should be avoided.
The most common ingredients to avoid are sulfates, parabens, phthalates, synthetic fragrances and artificial colours. There are plenty of skincare products that use these ingredients, so find products that contain natural ingredients and are safe for your kids. Just be sure to read the labels carefully before you buy anything.
The skin of a baby is different from that of an adult. It is thinner, more delicate and more prone to irritation. Thus, it is important to use gentle, natural ingredients on a baby's skin.
Safe Natural Ingredients to Look For in Baby Skincare Products
Some of the best ingredients for skincare for babies include:
- Shea butter: A natural ingredient derived from the nuts of the shea tree, it is a natural source of vitamin A and can help to keep the skin soft and supple.
- Apricot oil: A natural oil derived from the kernels of apricots, apricot oil helps in maintaining the natural softness of the kid’s skin.
- Chamomile: Chamomile is a gentle, soothing ingredient that can help to calm and protect the skin.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is a natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. It can help to soothe and protect the skin.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is a natural moisturiser and can help to protect the skin from moisture loss. It can also be used on the scalp and hair for soft and shining hair.
Amala Earth is a one-stop curated marketplace for all things earth-friendly in beauty, fashion, home, food, wellness, festive gifting and much more! Shop from a carefully curated range of all-natural best baby skin care products on Amala Earth.