Benefits of Herbal Insect Repellents
Herbal repellents are non-toxic, safe and eco-friendly. Let's dig deep and know the benefits of herbal insect repellents in detail.
- The first and foremost benefits of herbal repellents are their natural and eco-friendly advantages. These plant oils will keep the bugs away without damaging your skin. Its natural properties will reduce the risk of skin irritation or redness.
Herbal repellents have gentle and mild formulations compared to their synthetic counterparts. It helps prevent allergic reactions and is a skin-friendly option for people with sensitive skin.
- Not everyone likes the smell of synthetic chemicals. Besides, the scent or feel of herbal repellents is more natural and soothing. Ingredients like lemongrass, citronella and lavender offer a pleasant fragrance which is significantly appealing.
- While synthetic repellents have been tested and stated safe for usage, they may inherit a certain level of toxicity. They can be concerning when used in high concentration, especially by pregnant women or young children. While evaluating herbal insect repellents, it has been found that they contain no toxins and are more safe.
Tips To Use Insect Repellents Effectively
Herbal mosquito repellents effectiveness are also determined when they are used appropriately. Here are a few tips to remember while using them -
- It is important to read the instructions and guidelines provided by each manufacturer. Each product is made uniquely, and there may be different rules for its application and reapplication.
- Apply the insect repellent generously and ensure thorough coverage. Pay special attention to areas that are most targeted by insects, like arms and legs.
- Herbal repellents may have a shorter effectiveness duration and must be reapplied. You can reapply the repellent as suggested by the manufacturer for adequate protection.
- Avoid using the repellent spray and cream near sensitive areas like eyes, mouth, open wounds or irritated skin. If you accidentally apply it to any of these areas, rinse thoroughly using clean water.
- A patch test on a small area is recommended before extensively using the herbal repellents. It is done to check for potential skin allergies or sensitivities.
- It is vital to follow the recommended storage instructions. If you want to ensure the effectiveness of a herbal repellent, store it in a cool and dry place away from the sunlight.
- Herbal insect repellents are considered a healthy alternative to harsh chemical-based repellents.
- Natural repellents can be effective due to ingredients like eucalyptus, citronella, and other herbal extracts.
- Consider the specific insect species and disease risks in your area when choosing a herbal repellent.
One must understand that herbal repellents may have specific limitations regarding their effectiveness and durability compared to their synthetic counterparts. Evaluate the pros and cons of herbal insect repellents and consider the target insect species and disease risks in your area when choosing a product. Prioritise your safety and consult a health expert to find the best application for your needs.
Amala Earth is a one-stop curated marketplace for all things earth-friendly in Beauty, Fashion, Home, Food, Wellness, Festive, Gifting and much more!
Explore more herbal insect repellents here!